Located in the Galápagos, Isabela Island is the largest of the Archipelagos, although the third in number of inhabitants (3,000 people). Puerto Villamil (home to Hotel Sula Sula) is a quiet and small town in Isabela, surrounded by the sea and extensive lava fields that have flowed through
the centuries from the majestic Sierra Negra volcano.
We have clear and spacious rooms with or without breakfast service; all with a private bathroom, air conditioning, safe, hot water, and wi-fi is available in the rest areas.
Aware of our responsibility to the environment, for the daily cleaning of our facilities we use nature-friendly materials and comply with the recycling process for solid and liquid waste imposed by the local government.
We also use renewable energy. To heat the water, we use solar panels. To protect the health of our staff and guests, we have implemented the biosecurity measures recommended by the Ministry of Public Health (MSP) and the Isabela Cantonal (COE).
From the hotel, you can easily access all of the incredible places to visit in the southern part of the island:
- Playa Grande de Puerto Villamil (500 meters/5 minutes walking)
- Centro de Crianza de Tortugas Gigantes (Giant Tortoise Breeding Center and Flamingo Pool) (3 km/2 miles) Captive breeding of the turtle species originating from the Cerro Azul volcano and the Sierra Negra volcano
- Concha de Perla and Muelle del Embarcadero (boardwalk/pier) (1.5 km/1mile) Peaceful place with crystal clear waters for snorkeling
- Muro de Lagrimas (Wall of Tears) (6 km/4miles) US Military base that was converted into a penal colony
- Sierra Negra Volcano (25km/15 miles) 16km hike to one of the largest craters in the world, 10km in diameter
- Tintoreras Island (2 km/1mile) Nearby islet for walking and snorkeling. You can see penguins, turtles, and blue-footed
- Cabo Rosa (The Tunnels) (28km/17 miles) Beautiful place for snorkeling where turtles, sharks, and sea horses have been observed